Ashford has a range of excellent and expanding education
facilities well able to meet the community’s growing needs and
which will provide a source of skilled workers for the future.
- Ashford is home to over 50 schools, including grammar, state
and private eduction, which produce higher than the national
average level of A* to C GCSE passes
- The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) is one
part of Ashford’s enhanced education programme.
- Plans to create a further 15 primary and three secondary
schools over the next 20 years will directly benefit the
community’s educational needs.
- The Ashford School of Art and Design (ASAD), part of
South Kent College, offers courses from GCSE to
university-accredited HND and degree level.
- Plans for a new K College higher and further education
campus in Ashford town centre.
- Nearby Canterbury is home to two excellent
universities, Canterbury Christ Church
University, and the University of Kent, which also shares
a campus in Medway with the University of Greenwich.
You can find out more details about schools in the area by
Kent County Council Find a School website.
For more detailed information on higher education with South
Kent College and the Ashford Learning Campus visit the South Kent College website.